About The Role
Purppl is seeking two or three permanent, part-time Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIR) to coach, collaborate, and build respectful and trusting relationships with social entrepreneurs and social impact leaders. Your work with clients will focus on building sustainable revenue models, sustainable impact models, operational improvements, and on leadership development.
EIR’s are responsible for building effective working relationships with Purppl’s clients to support their specific needs and goals. EIRs are expected to shift their role inside of their client relationships, sometimes being a coach, mentor, collaborator, contributor, and more. EIR’s must have both breadth and depth in their experiences and have direct experience as a social entrepreneur, entrepreneur, executive director, and/or senior organizational leader. Although primarily client focused, there are also opportunities and an expectation to contribute to improving Purppl.
Strong relationship building, communication and problem-solving skills are essential to success in this role. In addition, you will be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized. Learn more about Purppl at www.purppl.com.
We strongly encourage people of all genders and orientations, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and those with a variety of life experience to apply; we will prioritize your application.
Position: part time
Compensation: $25,000-$37,500 per year (1.5 – 2 days per week)
Start Date: Expecting April/May 2022
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC, possible remote in BC or AB
- Develop respectful, reciprocal relationships with clients (social entrepreneurs and social purpose leaders)
- Assist in identifying client needs, objectives, and intended impact outcomes
- Use and improve Purppl’s tools, practices and processes to support client outcomes
- Leverage knowledge and experience to be a coach, mentor, collaborator, contributor and more
- Organize and manage all work activities with assigned Clients
- Address or escalate issues / changes as required
- Support and develop suitable impact measurement and evaluation
- Identify opportunities for additional work with existing clients or new clients
- Participate in sales related activities with external clients as well as internal sales of client renewals and additional services
- Participate in the development and deployment of best practices and tools for EIRs
Support orientation and onboarding of EIRs
- Build collaborative and trusting relationships with all members of the Purppl Team
- Identify possible EIR candidates and participate in recruitment as required
- Participate in identifying project teams (pairing clients and EIRs)
- Acting as a representative of Purppl, attend community events and actively promote Purppl
- Participate in the development of Program offerings and other special initiatives
- Participation in community building activities
Other projects and responsibilities as needed.
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn, committed to social impact, justice, and equity
- Demonstrated ability to build and / or lead organizations (social enterprise, non-profit, business) through periods of growth; a number of senior roles in different organizations
- Management and leadership experience in financial management, budget responsibility, revenue development, managing and working with people, operations and organization development, leadership development, governance, etc.
- Specific or depth of knowledge in several leadership topics noted above
- Ability and experience to coach and mentor senior leaders and managers
- Excellent relational and communication skills (written, verbal); capable of handling challenging conversations
- Good judgment and intuition in uncertain situations; strong skills in analysis and problem solving, adaptability, organization, and process management
- Knowledge of and continued commitment to justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
- Thrives in a culture and team built on distributed leadership, equity, and reciprocal relationships
- Technologically inclined – Google suite, Slack, Zoom, etc.
- Desirable but not essential: Knowledge of and experience in social enterprise development, social impact, and social finance.
This role can grow with the company and with the person.
At Purppl, we build social impact, together. We believe community wide improvement of systemic cultural, social, and environmental challenges is achieved through collaboration and collective impact. This movement, led by grassroots social entrepreneurs and social purpose organizations, will create a sustainable, regenerative, and just economy. Purppl works together with leaders to build the capability and capacity to implement sustainable business models and sustainable impact models. We work alongside others to build a community of people and organizations working towards this collective future.
Purppl is on a journey to reconciliation, justice, and equity both within the company as well as in community. Purppl respectfully acknowledges that we live and work on traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of several First Nations, including the Syilx / Okanagan peoples who have stewarded this land since time immemorial.
We are building a culture of diversity and we welcome unique contributions that you bring to the team. We admit that we participate in systems that embed inequity and are committed to contributing to a just, regenerative future for all. We are committed to a journey of learning and unlearning; we are moving to action in addition to acknowledgement.
Culture, benefits, and working with Purppl
Purppl is a team that’s honest, humble, and committed to impact. You can expect:
- A supportive work environment, on-the-job learning, personal leadership development, and the opportunity to build deep, trusted relationships in community
- Health spending account to allow you to cover extended benefits or other health care expenses not included in provincial health insurance
- Fair compensation and generous vacation
- Flexibility of location and hours
How to Apply
At Purppl we work together to build social impact. There is no such thing as a perfect candidate; however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this work and this collective vision excites you. We strongly encourage people of all genders and orientations, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and those with a variety of life experience to apply; we will prioritize your application.
Ideally, you are located in the Okanagan Valley but remote work within British Columbia and Alberta will be considered.
Please send us an email at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter and share what impact you want to build together.