What is Purppl and what is our why?
Purppl accelerates ideas, projects and enterprises that work for the public good. We enable social enterprises to implement sustainable revenue models so they can to implement long-term solutions to community, social, and environmental challenges.
Our Scale Up Social program accelerates the success of social enterprises. Experienced entrepreneurs-in-residence backstop their leadership teams with tactical, functional expertise to build sustainable revenue models and sustainable impact models.
As part of our theory of change, we also support development of social entrepreneurs by hosting networking events, workshops, and pitch style events. In addition, we are building an impact fund to do direct investing into social enterprises to scale their impact.
We believe that by committing to these activities, collectively we will be able to see social enterprises at scale, positively move community health indicators, and build an economic system that regenerates our communities, our people, and our planet.
Our staff team is centred in Kelowna BC. We have a dispersed entrepreneur-in-residence (EIR) team located in Kelowna, Lake Country, Vernon, Kamloops, Gibsons, Cortes Island, and Vancouver.
Purppl seeks a Program Coordinator to support social entrepreneur development. This role is essential in supporting social entrepreneurs who are participating in Purppl’s Scale Up program. This role also coordinates successful delivery of program related events like Sip and Social, SoFun, and ChangeUP. The Program Coordinator works very closely with both the Founder and the Program Director.
To be successful in this role you must be empathetic to social entrepreneurs and their challenges while also having a long term commitment to solving complex social challenges. Purppl is growing quickly, we are seeking someone who can help professionalize our programs, events, and process.
- Manage program activities like quarterly reviews, program check-ins, EIR meetings, feedback, client exit, performance analysis, and data collection,
- Coordinate evaluation, onboarding, contract management, and communication of expectations for program clients
Manage and deliver program events like SoFun and ChangeUP which support program delivery (occasional evenings expected)
- Support the Program Director to ensure client success by being a key point of contact and resource for social entrepreneurs and EIRs
- Actively listen and seek to understand the needs of social entrepreneurs. Critically analyze the needs to refine, improve, and report on programs that drive value to social entrepreneurs.
- Contribute to and support storytelling initiatives
- Attend community events, actively promote Purppl, support lead generation
- Utilize digital tools to communicate effectively and coordinate people, activities, and events
- Collaborate with Founder to achieve Purppl’s impact objectives
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent listener
- Clear ability to organize, analyze, and take initiative
- Strong ability to implement and refine process (and you love it)
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, including spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to recognize and protect confidential information
- Comfortable with technology
- This role can grow with the company and with the person.
This role is being supported by the NRC IRAP Youth Employment Program. The candidate must be:
- 15 to 30 years of age at the start of employment
- a post-secondary graduate
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or person granted refugee status in Canada
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- a first-time participant in a Youth Employment Strategy work experience program targeted at post-secondary graduates
How to Apply:
Applications close on October 18th. Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.