Purppl is seeking an Impact Manager to build deep relationships with social enterprises, social purpose organizations and community stakeholders while supporting Purppl coaches (EIRs) to ensure client success and social impact.
The Impact Manager is responsible for sales to clients and alumni, ensuring consistency and quality of services provided and the overall client experience. They actively contribute to program development, marketing and communications. The Operations Coordinator, who reports to the Impact Manager provides comprehensive coordination and administration for these activities.
Strong relationship building, communication and problem-solving skills are essential to success in this role. In addition, you will be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized.
This is an opportunity to develop your leadership while contributing to the social impact ecosystem. Learn more about Purppl at www.purppl.com.
Position: Full time
Compensation: $60,000 – $70,000 per year
Start Date: Expecting January 2022
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC, possible remote in BC
- Perform all sales related activities with external clients as well as internal sales of client renewals and additional services
- Develop and manage relationships with Purppl partners
- Manage program offerings and development
- Organize and attend community events, actively promote Purppl
- Develop a solid and trusting relationship between social entrepreneurs (Clients) and Purppl
- Manage all communications with clients
- Oversee all operational activities required to support Purppl and our Clients
- Ensure all client needs are met to project plan
- Coordinate occasional client and community events (occasional evenings expected)
Staff and Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) Management
- Build relationships with Purppl Team and EIRs based on trust and respect
- Manage the Operations Coordinator and associated activities
- Oversee EIR activities and their performance
- Participate in recruitment
- Participate in identifying project teams (pairing clients and EIRs)
- Participate in the use and development of Purppl tools and best practices
- Manage external contractors as needed
- Exceptional relationship building and strong people management skills
- Experience in performing sales activities, developing client relationships, and ensuring successful delivery of services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong skill in problem solving, adaptability, organization, and process management
- Budget management experience
- Ability to collect and analyze data
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Proficient and comfortable using toolsets: Google Workspace, Hubspot, WordPress, etc.
- Desirable but not essential: Knowledge of or interested in community economic development, social enterprise, and social finance.
This role can grow with the company and with the person.
At Purppl, we build social impact, together. Purppl is a social enterprise accelerator that operates on the belief that community wide improvement of systemic cultural, social, and environmental challenges is achieved through collaboration and collective impact. The social impact movement, led by grassroots social entrepreneurs and social purpose organizations, is the means to a sustainable, regenerative, and just economy.
Purppl works with leaders to build the capability and capacity to implement sustainable business models and sustainable impact models. Purppl works alongside others to build a community of people and organizations working towards this collective future.
Culture, benefits, and working with Purppl
Purppl is a team that’s honest, humble, and committed to impact. You can expect:
- A supportive work environment, on-the-job learning, personal leadership development, and the opportunity to build deep, trusted relationships in the community
- Health spending account to allow you to cover extended benefits or other health care expenses not included in provincial health insurance
- Fair compensation and generous vacation
- Flexibility of location and hours and there is potential for a 4-day work week
Our commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
Purppl is on a journey to reconciliation, justice, and equity both within our company as well as in community. We are building a culture of diversity and we welcome unique contributions that you bring to the team. We admit to implicit bias that we are aware of and some that we aren’t. We humbly acknowledge that we have much work to do.
How to Apply
At Purppl we work together to build social impact. There is no such thing as a perfect candidate; however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this work and this collective vision excites you.
Ideally, you are located in the Okanagan Valley but remote work within British Columbia will be considered.
Please apply directly on Indeed with your resume and cover letter and share what impact you want to build together.