Purppl is seeking an Operations Coordinator to provide comprehensive coordination and administration for all of Purppl’s services and activities. This position plays a key role in supporting Purppl’s Impact Manager, Managing Director, and Entrepreneurs-in-Residence (EIRs).
Strong relationship building, communication and problem-solving skills are essential to success in this role. In addition, you will be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and organized.
This is an opportunity to develop your operational and program management skills while contributing to the social impact ecosystem. Learn more about Purppl at www.purppl.com.
Position: Full time
Compensation: $45,000 – $55,000 per year
Start Date: Expecting January 2022
Location: Okanagan Valley, BC, possible remote in BC
Service Delivery and Operations
- Build strong relationships with the Purppl team and communicate effectively with EIRs, clients, stakeholders, and partners
- Coordinate and support all program delivery activities as well as internal operations and events (EG – contracting, orientation, onboarding, reporting, capacity planning)
- Update and administer website, newsletter, marketing and communication materials, and social media
- First point of contact for incoming calls and emails
- Manage electronic filing systems, shared drives, folders and files and manage security / access authority
- Create, manage and maintain a variety of electronic documents (Google Workspace Docs, PDFs, forms, etc.)
Coordinate and support occasional client and community events (occasional evenings expected)
- Assist with other tasks and programming as required
Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR) Coordination
- Build relationships with EIRs based on trust and respect
- Work alongside the Impact Manager to enable collaboration and learning within the EIR team and clients to achieve impact outcomes
- Track and manage EIR capacity
- Coordinate EIR onboarding and agreement management
- Coordinate project teams (pairing clients and EIRs)
- Support Impact Manager to effectively manage EIRs activities and their performance
- Coordinate the use and development of Purppl tools and best practices
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others
- Administrative and program delivery experience
- Strong organizational skills; ability to adapt, problem solve, prioritize activities and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Ability to collect, track, and analyze data
- Strong ability to implement and refine process
- Ability to focus and meet demands during peak periods
- Proficient and comfortable using toolsets: Google Workspace, Zoom, Hubspot, WordPress, Mailchimp, Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Desirable but not essential: Knowledgeable of or interested in community economic development, social enterprise, social procurement and social finance.
This role can grow with the company and with the person.
At Purppl, we build social impact, together. Purppl is a social enterprise accelerator that operates on the belief that community wide improvement of systemic cultural, social, and environmental challenges is achieved through collaboration and collective impact. The social impact movement, led by grassroots social entrepreneurs and social purpose organizations, is the means to a sustainable, regenerative, and just economy.
Purppl works with leaders to build the capability and capacity to implement sustainable business models and sustainable impact models. Purppl works alongside others to build a community of people and organizations working towards this collective future.
Culture, benefits, and working with Purppl
Purppl is a team that’s honest, humble, and committed to impact. You can expect:
- A supportive work environment, on-the-job learning, personal leadership development, and the opportunity to build deep, trusted relationships in the community
- Health spending account to allow you to cover extended benefits or other health care expenses not included in provincial health insurance
- Fair compensation and generous vacation
- Flexibility of location and hours and there is potential for a 4-day work week
Our commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
Purppl is on a journey to reconciliation, justice, and equity both within our company as well as in community. We are building a culture of diversity and we welcome unique contributions that you bring to the team. We admit to implicit bias that we are aware of and some that we aren’t. We humbly acknowledge that we have much work to do.
How to Apply
At Purppl we work together to build social impact. There is no such thing as a perfect candidate; however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this work and this collective vision excites you.
Ideally, you are located in the Okanagan Valley but remote work within British Columbia will be considered.
Please apply directly on Indeed with your resume and cover letter and share what impact you want to build together.